Albertans Supporting Alberta
As Northwestern Polytechnic works to support the economic recovery of Alberta, the institution launched the Workforce Advisory Council.
The Council will be guided by NWP's strategic priorities and the recommendations put forward by the
Alberta Colleges’ Economic Recovery Task Force and the Alberta 2030: Building Skills for Jobs Report.
The Workforce Advisory Council will be led by Council chair, Dennis Landis, President and CEO of PrairieCoast
Equipment. The Council will be comprised of 20-members featuring entrepreneurs, business owners, and employers
representing a broad cross-section of industries in Alberta.
The Workforce Advisory Council will work with NWP to:
- Support regional economic recovery.
- Strengthen connectivity with industry.
- Improve the integration of skills development in thriving and emerging sectors within NWP’s
As NWP continues on the path of becoming the centre of post-secondary excellence in northern Alberta,
the institution is committed to tackling the unprecedented challenges resulting from the global COVID-19 pandemic.
NWP will support and help expedite local, provincial and national economic recovery through the fostering of:
- Talent for a skilled workforce.
- Meaningful work-integrated learning opportunities to create pathways to employment.
- The implementation of innovative approaches to identify future trends in the workforce.
- Research and innovation partnerships to attract investment in the region.
Meet our Members
Denis Landis, Chair
Frank Vant Erve
Dr. Luc Boyer
Dr. Andrew Dunlop