Master of Business Administration
Pursue your professional passions for business leadership or entrepreneurship with a Master of Business Administration from the University of Northern British Columbia, hosted by Northwestern Polytechnic.
Examine contemporary business theory such as organizational behaviour, marketing, finance and more, with a specific focus on northern topics and issues. Unlock senior career opportunities in all sectors including natural resource development, manufacturing, non-profit, government, banking, health care and more. Develop advanced management, analytical and leadership skills that can expand new career opportunities or inspire your next business adventure.
- Intake: August 2023
- Application Open: October 1, 2022
- Duration: 21 months; 5 semesters
- Exceptional Admission: Consideration given to experienced professionals who do not possess the full undergraduate degree requisites
- Schedule: Classes are one weekend per month
- Domestic Student Application Deadline: July 1, 2023
- International Student Application Deadline: January 15, 2023
Why Choose UNBC's MBA
- Focus on issues surrounding business, social and economic operations specific to northern communities in
Alberta and BC.
- Balance your personal and professional life while earning your degree with conveniently scheduled classes offered one weekend per month.
- Take advantage of Exceptional Admission made available to experienced professionals who may not have all the prior post-secondary requisites.
- Complete your MBA in just 21 months.
- Learn from professional instructors who bring real-world business experience to the classroom.
- Establish a close, collaborative cohort model.
The MBA you want is now close to home. Now offered at Northwestern Polytechnic, UNBC’s MBA program is more accessible than ever to students in Northeast B.C. and Northern Alberta.
In your first year of your MBA, comprised of nine required courses, you are introduced to the major disciplinary areas of business studies developing your knowledge of strategy, business analytics, accounting, finance, organizational behaviour, marketing, managerial economics, operations management and Canada’s Asia-Pacific Gateway.
In your second year, apply your disciplinary skills to analyze and interpret organizational environments and adapt new management practices to new demands. Students are provided the option to choose between completing innovative MBA course work, or conducting a capstone research project that applies relevant theory to the study of a substantial organizational problem or issue.
More on our Exceptional Admission Opportunities. UNBC’s MBA program offers exceptional admission to applicants who may not meet the program’s general admission requirements. Professional designation and multiple years of managerial or supervisory experience may be considered as an exception to not possessing all the undergraduate requisites. Learn more about Exceptional Admission.Program Structure and Schedule
Important Application and Admission Details
All undergraduate and graduate students applying to any British Columbia post-secondary institution must do so via the online application portal, EducationPlannerBC.
Apply for your MBA by visiting apply.educationplannerbc.ca to create a login account. Then select UNBC as your institution and follow the steps to submit your application.
For a full list of the admission requirements, visit UNBC’s Graduate Calendar.
For more information about the Master of Business Administration, please email UNBC at email@example.com or contact:
|Business & Office Administration|
Web: Visit Homepage