The Welcome First Award gives local first-year students who have completed their registration to eligible programs an acceptance gift of $2000 to help advance their educational career goals.
Established in 2023, the award is available to 32 students admitted into the following programs before the start of the academic year:
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree
- Bachelor of Computing Science Degree
- Practical Nurse Diploma – Fairview Campus
- Health Care Aide Certificate – Fairview Campus
There is no application process, and eligible students will be automatically considered, provided they have completed the following tasks.
1. Submitted application for admission and received confirmed and/or conditional admission,
2. Fully paid the $250 registration deposit, and
3. Registered in full-time programming (minimum 60% course load).
Successful recipients will receive funds directly into their NWP accounts after the published add/drop deadline.
50% of awards by program will be offered to Indigenous applicants where possible. To qualify as an Indigenous applicant, you must be a Status Indian/First Nations, Non-Status Indian/First Nations, Metis, or Inuit and provide proof of Indigenous ancestry.
For more information about the Award, please contact: