Get a Career in just One Year
The Office Professional Certificate provides students with the critical skills to succeed in a dynamic office environment. We are proud of the relationships we have developed with business and industry that give our graduates excellent opportunities to enter and advance in careers such as administrative assistants, bookkeeping assistants, legal office assistants and general office receptionists.
More Than Just the Classroom
Our community partners have come to expect job-ready graduates who can make an immediate impact when they enter the workforce. For an Office Professional student, education goes beyond the classroom. Students get the opportunity to apply and demonstrate what they have learned in the classroom through:
- Accreditation opportunities and student competitions
- Credit toward professional designation
- Networking opportunities
- Industry partnerships and projects
- Work-experience program
Our program provides students with a skill-set employers seek, as well as the opportunity to earn credit towards a professional designation and international accreditation.
Canadian Certified Administrative Professional
Through our institution, the Association of Administrative Professionals offer the CCAP certificate and
designation for administrative professionals. In order to achieve the CCAP designation, candidates must
meet these requirements.
To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements set by the department.
This program is highly competitive, so we suggest you apply early.
Guide to the Application Process
Explore the Viewbook to find your program and the right path for you. TIP: Use a desktop or laptop to fill in your online application.
Before you navigate to ApplyAlberta, make sure you have access to the items listed in Step 1
Apply Alberta Checklist
- Your Alberta.ca Account.
- Your Alberta Student Number (ASN).
- Names of attended high schools and/or post-secondary institutions.
- If in high school or academic upgrading, list all completed, in-progress and planning to take courses.
- Your payment method for the application fee ready.
Complete Your Profile
- Make sure all fields are correctly filled out.
- If you get stuck, use the HELP button.
- Double-check your submissions before moving forward.
- Remember, this is how NWP can reach you with updates about your application status.
Select Northwestern Polytechnic as Your Institution. Declare previous NWP Student ID (if applicable).
Select your top choices for:
- Whether you are studying Part Time
Click SAVE to add the chosen options to the Program Selection List.
If the program you are looking for is not listed, it is either not offered or admissions have been closed.
Please note, if you are not admissible for your first choice, your application will be reviewed for your next choice.
Use the other instructions or comments box to list any considerations or information NWP should be aware of when reviewing your application.
- After reviewing and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you will be prompted to pay an application fee.
- Payment is required for your application to be processed.
- Payments can be made online at NWP.me/AppFee or in person at Student Services.
For more information about the program, please contact: