The Northwestern Polytechnic Wolves Athletics Program enriches the quality of the education experience for all students, student-athletes, and staff. It generates college spirit, contributes to a positive and healthy educational environment, and develops future leaders and healthy citizens through sports and recreational events and programs. The College teams are leaders in competition, in the student community, and in the broader regional community of aspiring student-athletes and coaches.
The values of the Wolves Athletics Program reflect the broad range of benefits gained from lifelong participation in recreational and sporting activities. In its daily operations, the Wolves Athletics Program demonstrates and promotes the values of:
- Healthy lifestyles
- Pursuit of excellence
- Competitive spirit
- Leadership development
- Enjoyment and fun
- Social and community connections
Wolves Athletics Staff and Coaches Commitment
The Wolves Athletics staff and coaches are dedicated to building and maintaining a high quality program which will assist student-athletes in their total educational process and contribute to the positive image of NWP, the ACAC and the CCAA.
Commitment to Student Athletes
- Ensure that the academic goals of the student-athlete are paramount
- Ensure that the academic standards of GPRC, ACAC and CCAA are achieved and/or surpassed.
- Maintain the highest standard of coaching.
- Encourage and support coaching staff professional development.
Commitment To Excellence
- Carry out institutional and departmental policies and procedures in such a way that serves as an example of excellence.
- Encourage excellence in all endeavors of every participant.
- Recognize outstanding achievement and performance.
Commitment To Facilities
- Ensure the facilities are safe, clean and functional for training, practice and competition.
- Ensure that adequate facilities are secured to meet the needs of the intercollegiate athletics program.
Commitment To Communication
- Create a positive and interactive environment for all participants to clearly and effectively communicate responsibilities and expectations.
- Seek and respond positively to the suggestions and concerns of all participants.
Commitment To Equity Of Opportunity
- Promote equitable access to opportunities for all participants.
Commitment To Tradition
- Establish and enhance traditions of fairplay, pride, respect, poise and innovation.