Here are the answers to some questions we've been asked about parking on campus at Northwestern Polytechnic. If you have a question
that isn't answered here, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When is paid parking in effect?
To park on at the Grande Prairie Campus, a valid permit is required 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. Parking at GP Campus Residence is required 24-hours per day, 365 days per year.
Where can I purchase my parking pass?
Long Term Parking
Purchase your parking pass online by visiting the Honk Mobile website, the
NWP Website or by downloading the
Honk Mobile app from an app store on your mobile device. If you run into issues while purchasing your
pass, please contact Honk Mobile customer support for assistance.
Daily and Hourly Passes
HonkTAP smart stations are positioned throughout our
parking lots to purchase hourly or daily parking passes. When you arrive on campus, tap one of these
signs with your mobile device or scan the QR code and follow instructions.
Electronic kiosks are also available on-site to purchase hourly or daily passes via credit or debit card.
Kiosks will be located at the following locations:
- Grande Prairie Campus: Main Entrance, Theatre Entrance, L-Wing Entrance, and the Community Health Centre
What are my parking pass options?
NWP is providing you with more flexibility regarding the purchase of parking passes. Monthly, semesterly
and annual parking passes are now available based on 30, 120 and 365-day durations respectively from the
time of purchase. For those who are on-campus infrequently, or for short periods of time, there is the
option to purchase daily or hourly passes.
How many vehicles can I list on my pass?
You may have up to two vehicles/license plates registered on long term pass.
When registering your license plates, you will be asked to assign one as primary and one as
secondary - the primary plate is the one which will show as being valid, so if you are
parking your secondary vehicle on campus, you will need to adjust that to your primary vehicle, using the
How do I change which vehicle/plate is the registered as the primary?
You can change your primary plate by using your Honk App. First you'll need to add the license plate to your account:
- Tap the Menu in the top left corner
- Choose the Vehicles tab
- Add vehicles (license plates)
Once the plate is registered to your account, you can adjust the vaild vehicle on your permit by:
- Tap the Menu in the top left corner
- Choose the Sessions Tab
- Choose the current long-term permit session
- Tap Change Vehicle and adjust the vehicle as needed
Please note, the label of "default" does not affect current or past purchases, it just means that when you go to make a new purchase, that is the plate that will be chosen at default.
How much do passes cost?
Grande Prairie Campus long term passes include GST, honk transaction fees, and credit card processing fees to agree with previously posted semester-based parking permit fees on the NWP website.
Visit our website for a full list of prices
Can I get a refund for my parking pass?
No. Honk Mobile does not provide refunds for unused portions of parking passes. Please choose the parking pass option that works best for your expected duration on campus.
Can I transfer my pass to another staff member, friend or student?
No. Parking passes are non-transferable.
What happens if I park on an NWP Campus without a valid parking pass/permit?
- Parking is enforced as per the Parking and Traffic Management Policy.
- Vehicles consistently found in violation of the Parking and Traffic Management Policy may be placed on a collections list, and / or towed or impounded. This will result in additional fees. All expenses, fines, and levies will be the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle.
- To pay a parking citation please visit www.concordparking.com.
Citation appeals can be made through Concord Parking.
- Please note that in order to appeal, you will need the *Notice #* as identified on the ticket.
What constitues a parking violation and what are the fines?
The following is a list of parking violations that may be issued on NWP premises. Fines for any of the violations start at href="https://concordparking.com/" target="_blank">Concord Parking as listed on the violation ticket.
- Invalid permit for lot
- Parked Longer than 48 Hours in a Non-Residence Lot
- No-parking residence units
- No-parking zone
- No valid permit
- Over the purchased time limit
- Oversize vehicle not permitted
- Taking up two or more parking stalls
- Parked in fire lane
- Parked in accessible (handicap) stall
- Parked in reserved stall