Medical Office Administrator
Coming Fall 2023! Email us to be added to the waitlist.
Continuing Education is excited to announce the new Medical Office Administrator Micro-Credential. This micro-credential is designed for those looking to enter the medical office administration workforce who require a more comprehensive introduction to the field through training. It is also well-suited for those individuals currently working in office administration looking to upgrade their medical office administration skills and knowledge.
Gain the essential skills to work in medical office settings. You will explore the topics of medical terminology, infection control, healthcare billing, and records management.
This micro-credential is designed to fit into your schedule with courses being offered in the evenings on campus and asynchronously online. You also have the flexibility to choose the courses that best suit your learning needs.
Health Electives - Complete 80 Hours (watch for more launching fall 2023)
Health electives focus on medical terminology, healthcare billing, records management, and workplace safety.
Business and Computer Electives - Complete 75 Hours
- Communication Strategies (6 hours)
- Conflict Resolution (6 hours)
- Time Management (6 hours)
- Skills You Need for Workplace Success (6 hours)
- Managing Customer Service (6 hours)
- HR for the Non-HR Manager (6 hours)
- Excel Core Module 1 (15 hours)
- Excel Core Module 2 (15 hours)
- Excel Advanced Module 1 (15 hours)
- Excel Advanced Module 2 (15 hours)
- Word Core Module 1 (15 hours)
- Word Core Module 2 (15 hours)
- Word Advanced Module 1 (15 hours)
- Word Advanced Module 2 (15 hours)
- Word Advanced Module 3 (15 hours)
- Office Procedures Micro-Credential (coming Fall 2023)
Online Simulated Administrative Medical Office Work - Complete 20 Hours (launching fall 2023)
The health, business and computer electives will prepare you for success in the simulation and must be completed before you can start the online simulation course.
Work Integrated Learning - Complete 120 Hours (launching fall 2023)
You must complete 120 hours of work integrated learning in an office setting to receive the Medical Office Administrator Micro-Credential. If you are already working as an administrator, you may be eligible to apply these hours to your work integrated learning.
This project was made possible through funding from Alberta Education.
Web: Visit Homepage