Ready to Ride: Class 6 Motorcycle Training
NOTICE: CHANGES IN PRICING EFFECTIVE JULY 1ST, 2023
Effectively immediately, all Ready to Ride courses scheduled after July 1st will be priced at $679.00. Anyone currently registered after July 1st will be grandfathered in at the current pricing.
Through the NWP Ready to Ride Motorcycle Training program, you will learn the latest in motorcycle defensive driving theory and riding skills. You will be prepared well beyond the requirements for the Class 6 Motorcycle Road Test.
There is a limit of five students per instructor/assistant per class, which means that you get a lot of personal attention. You will develop skills and confidence through theory and hands-on training.
Depending on your personal situation, this program may qualify you for sizeable reductions in your insurance rates. Please contact your insurance company for further details.
Students are provided with motorcycles and are asked to bring their own safety equipment (listed below). Instructors are fully certified and have many years of riding and instruction experience.
To successfully complete the Ready to Ride: Class 6 Motorcycle Training program, you will need to register for one practical course offering and one theory course offering. Classes are subject to enrollment limits.
You must possess a valid Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 Alberta licence at the course start. Failure to do so will result in denial to enter the course and the loss of tuition.
Students under the age of 18 must have a parent present at the start of the course to complete the student waiver. Failure to do so will result in denial to enter the course and the loss of tuition.
Personal Safety Equipment
- Approved motorcycle helmet (DOT or SNELL rated), a full-face helmet is recommended
- Eye protection such as a helmet visor or goggles
- Gloves with leather palms and full fingers
- Pants - jeans or leather/kevlar pants will be accepted. You must wear jeans at a minimum
- A jacket - jean jackets and textiles made for riding and leather will be acceptable. You must wear a jean jacket at a minimum.
- Boots or shoes that are a snug fit or have laces, your footwear must cover the ankle. No portion of the ankle may be showing
- A rain suit is optional, please note, the course will run if it is raining
- 16 hours on-bike training - Motorcycle Safety Program - Practical (RFL01)
- 4 hours in-classroom - Motorcycle Safety Program - Theory (RFL02)
This program is designed for riders of all skill levels who want to achieve their Class 6 Motorcycle licence or would like a refresher course. The program includes classroom instruction using a full multimedia presentation as well as extensive on-bike training.
- On-bike skill training - Motorcycle Safety Program - Practical (RFL01)
- On-lot and on-road training
- Gravel road riding
- Low-speed manoeuvres
- Emergency manoeuvres
- Motorcycle defensive riding theory - Motorcycle Safety Program - Practical (RFL01)
Student Withdrawal Policy
If you are switching dates or withdrawing from the course with more than 2 weeks (10 business days) notice prior to the start of the practical portion of the course, you will receive a full refund.
If you are switching dates or withdrawing from the course with less than 2 weeks (10 business days) notice prior to the start of the practical portion of the course, you will be charged a $100 administration fee.
If you do not attend the course you registered for and do not give prior notice, you will not be eligible for any type of refund.
Web: Visit Homepage